Like I said before, I'm making Christmas gifts this year! My sister is the one getting the most presents, one of them being this keychain. It's really easy and fun to make!
What you need:
- Glue (I used fabric glue)
- A wooden letter (In this case, the first letter of my little sis' name!)
- a keychain ring
- A little ring (They also use these to make jewelery)
- a screw loop (to attach your keychain ring on)
- A pencil
- Felt tip pen
Put your letter on the backside of the fabric you are going to use and draw around it with a standard drawing pencil, you can use a chalk pencil if you have one but you certainly don't need to, flip your letter over and pick a new piece of fabric to draw around your letter for the second time. This way you make sure you got both sides of your letter covered in fabric. Don't forget to turn your letter around the second time you are drawing!
Cut out both of your letters. Put glue on one side of the wooden letter and stick your fabric on it. Let it dry for a little while and cut off excess fabric (the L is not an easy letter to do this with, you can also use a cutter if you prefer, it might be a little easier for some letters). Repeat this step on the other side.
If you want to, you can color the edges of the wooden letter with a felt tip pen.
Turn in the screw loop on top of your letter, use your pliers to attach the little ring to the screw loop. Finally, attach your keychain ring to the little ring on the screw loop.
- Make sure to read the instructions for your glue because glues aren't all the same. Some work differently. Also depending on the kind of glue you're using you need to glue the fabric surface OR the wooden surface. So be sure to read the instructions!